Alternative fuels like compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) are becoming more popular as they are producing lower vehicle exhaust emissions and have more environmentally friendly production processes. For these reasons, governments around the world are beginning to support alternative fuel development. As a result, zero emission fuel cell vehicles using hydrogen are now an industrial reality. With new fuels comes the need for new fuel containment technology. All of these fuels induce specific containment needs, especially in term of permeability and mechanical performance. As a major innovator within the fluid transfer industry and leader in providing sustainable material solutions, Arkema continues to develop new solutions in this market.
High Performance – Orgalloy® PA-PO alloys
The solution of choice for gas tank or hose barrier layer:
- Excellent barrier properties, much better than HDPE
- Lower density than other PA
- Low moisture uptake ensuring:
- Good dimensional stability
- Consistent mechanical properties
- Compatibility & adhesion with other polymers and rubbers
- Easy processing & high productivity for extrusion or extrusion blow-molding, especially compared to standard PA6
- Good mechanical properties
- Chemical resistance
- High & low temperature performance
Orgalloy® Grades for Alternative Fuel Systems:
- Orgalloy® GT01 Nat, specific grade for gas tank
- Orgalloy® LT5050 Nat T6L, AC rubber hose barrier reference material
The first flexible PPA - Rilsan® HT resin
A unique combination of properties:
- Outstanding barrier performance (semi-aromatic)
- Highest thermal & chemical resistance (long chain & semi-aromatic)
- Low density
- Low moisture uptake
- Compatibility with other polymers
- Easy processing
Rilsan® HT Grades for Alternative Fuel Systems:
- Rilsan® HT CESV black P010 TL – Standard grade for both extrusion & extrusion blow molding
- Rilsan® HT CESV black P010-HP TL – High pressure grade with outstanding burst until 220°C
Learn more about our Rilsan® Product Family Here.
View and Download Our Transportation Brochures!
Let's Run Together™
Our range of materials is constantly growing. As the market demands higher performance materials we will continue to develop innovative solutions. Our global team of engineers is eager to work on new developments and design creative solutions for your material needs. Contact our team today to start your development.
Contact Our Alternative Fuel Systems Team