Wire and Cable
Kynar Flex® fluoropolymer resins are used to make jacketing material for transportation applications where flexibility, toughness, and resistance to chemicals and corrosive fluids are important. Kynar® and Kynar Flex® resins are processible on standard polyolefin equipment, enabling easy processing.
Kynar® PVDF also offers high temperature performance, flexibility, flame retardancy, and aggressive chemical, abrasion and cut-through resistance.
Lithium Ion Battery
EV batteries demand extreme performance, especially for weight reduction, life expectancy, safety, and charging time. Kynar® PVDF has been used in the produciton of lithium ion batteries since the 1990's and continues to lead the industry as a high performance electrode binder solution.
Key benefits of Kynar® PVDF binder solutions:
- High adhesion allows for reduced binder loading and higher active material content. This produces a higher capacity battery
- Electrochemical stability and inertness produces a longer life expectancy
- Improved safety can be achieved thanks to exceptional oxidation and chemical resistance
- Adapted swelling behavior enhance ionic exchange levels, enabling faster charging time.
Key Performance Characteristics for Wire & Cable
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent flexibility
- Compatible with oil, fuel and automotive fluids
- Low smoke and self extinguishing
- Resistance to sunlight
- Excellent cut-through resistance
- Resistance to electrical arc tracking
- Meets MIL-W-81044/12 - SAE AS81044/12 standards
- Meets SAE J1127/28/30/39 standards
- Meets ISO 6722 standards
View and Download Our Transportation Brochures!
Let's Run Together™
Our range of materials is constantly growing. As the market demands higher performance materials we will continue to develop innovative solutions. Our global team of engineers is eager to work on new developments and design creative solutions for your material needs. Contact our team today to start your development.
Contact Our Electrical and Electronic Components Team