Arkema offers a wide variety of fluoropolymer grades under the names Kynar® and Kynar Flex® that are readily injection moldable and can be considered as tower packing materials.
Tower packing and mist eliminators made with Kynar® PVDF are readily available in several types of configurations for use in distillation and scrubbing columns. Kynar® PVDF is easily injection moldable and can fill even the most intricate dump tower packing molds.
Listed below are benefits specific to Kynar® PVDF, a polymer very commonly used in the pulp and paper, mining, petrochemical, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, chlorine caustic, and general chemical industries.
- Temperature Rating up to150°C continuous
- Highly chemical resistant to strong acids, chlorine, bromine and hydrocarbon mixtures
- High compressive strength
- FDA, USP Class 6, NSF compliant
- Able to process without additives for purity applications
- Kynar® Homopolymers for high temperature applications
- Kynar® Copolymers for high pH chemical exposure
- Kynar® UHM reinforced with glass fibers for high heat deflection and superior strength
Common Grades Used: