Watch the webinar recording
Wire and Cable
Kynar Flex® fluoropolymer resins are used to make jacketing material for transportation applications where flexibility, toughness, and resistance to chemicals and corrosive fluids are important. Kynar® and Kynar Flex® resins are processible on standard polyolefin equipment, enabling easy processing.
Kynar® PVDF also offers high temperature performance, flexibility, flame retardancy, and aggressive chemical, abrasion and cut-through resistance.
Lithium Ion Battery
EV batteries demand extreme performance, especially for weight reduction, life expectancy, safety, and charging time. Kynar® PVDF has been used in the produciton of lithium ion batteries since the 1990's and continues to lead the industry as a high performance electrode binder solution.
Key benefits of Kynar® PVDF binder solutions:
- High adhesion allows for reduced binder loading and higher active material content. This produces a higher capacity battery
- Electrochemical stability and inertness produces a longer life expectancy
- Improved safety can be achieved thanks to exceptional oxidation and chemical resistance
- Adapted swelling behavior enhance ionic exchange levels, enabling faster charging time.
Key Performance Characteristics for Wire & Cable
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent flexibility
- Compatible with oil, fuel and automotive fluids
- Low smoke and self extinguishing
- Resistance to sunlight
- Excellent cut-through resistance
- Resistance to electrical arc tracking
- Meets MIL-W-81044/12 - SAE AS81044/12 standards
- Meets SAE J1127/28/30/39 standards
- Meets ISO 6722 standards