Platamid® Hot Melt Adhesives
High efficiency long chain thermoplastic copolyamide hot melt adhesives for both woven and non-woven substrates. Plasticizer free. Also used as fusible filaments in the construction of thermoformable shoe uppers.
Premium Adhesion Performance
Platamid® copolyamides are plasticizer-free thermoplastic hot melt adhesives (HMA) tailored to deliver durable, versatile, and solvent-free bonding. Platamid® holt melt adhesives are designed to address the highly demanding bonding challenges of markets such as textile interlining, technical textiles, construction, electronics, and automotive headliners.
Also used as fusible filaments in the construction of highly advanced thermoformable sports shoe uppers.
Eliminates seams and stitches!
Platamid® adhesive offers resistant and durable adhesion for a variety of industrial applications including:
- Woven and non-woven textiles: silk, wool, cotton, cellulose, polymer fibers and leather
- Many different kinds of foam, such as TPUVersatile plastics, such as plasticized and rigid PVC, PU, ABS, Epoxy, etc.
- Rubbers (NBR)
- Non-woven web adhesives for automotive headliners
- Fusible filaments for shoe uppers, ladies garments and mops/rollers/buffing pads
- Melting Points from 85°C to 150°C
- Low density = light weight
- Viscosities from 40 to 4,000 Pa.s at 150°C
- Available as pellets or free-flowing powders
- Highly effective on polar substrates
- Good resistance to chemicals, hydrolysis, heat, UV
- Excellent laundry and dry cleaning resistance
- Short setting time = high production rates
- Outstanding specific adhesion
- May also be solubilized in certain solvents to make solution coatings with tremendous barrier properties